Joint call: Leasing companies should step up climate ambition and become real green leaders
Transport & Environment — 2023-11-23
News from Brussels
An alliance of 20+ NGOs and consumer organisations across Europe are uniting and calling on Europe’s top 7 leasing companies – Alphabet, Arval, Athlon, Ayvens, Leasys, Mobilize and Volkswagen Financial Services – to accelerate their transition to electric cars.
- Set a phase-out date to stop leasing fossil fuel cars latest by 2028.
- Set ambitious interim zero-emission targets that are well ahead of the market in order to achieve this 2028 goal.
- Increase the share of smaller and more affordable battery electric vehicles in your portfolio.
- Increase transparency and disclose the number and type of cars that you are registering in the EU and its markets.
- Advocate for policy changes on a national and EU level that incentivise and enable the transition to electromobility in the leasing sector.
Download the letter.